hmawl | marriage
Heads up: This page assumes you have some experience routing HM:AWL. It is incomplete, and not a good place to start running the game.
Why is this Nami guide incomplete?
The route outlined below is hypothetical. It depends on major RNG manipulation.
Nami (or Gustafa/Cody/Patrick) would need to be in a good location nearly every day from Spring 1 to Summer 1. Currently I don’t know of a practical way to do this. If a method were discovered, we could cut the current WR in half, down to about 25:52. Small improvements over the current WR are also possible. But cutting it in half would be so much more impressive!
The game appears to be input-deterministic, so a TAS could do it. Once the first TAS solution is found, someone could write scripts in Dolphin-Lua to try and brute-force a “sweet spot” for human runners to aim for.
(Other suggestions welcome!)
- SP 1
- Get record
- Let out cow
- conversation and vinyl record +6 = 6
- (at some point trigger Get To Work +10)
- SP 2 through 10 (+38 = 54)
- avg convo and interactions +4
- (need an extra +2 somewhere)
- (default 5.82 friend interactions per point)
- SU 1
- late blue feather
- get second vinyl record
- trigger Forgot To Pay +20
- conversation and record +6 = 80
- +2 second interaction in bar
- +2 “Not that there’s anything wrong with that”, in hotel
- +2 second interaction, often “I can’t believe I stayed here the whole year”, outdoors, yurt, Vesta’s storehouse
- Interactions and friendship with Gustafa, Cody, and Patrick
- Friendships get added together and must be 150 to 209
- Interactions get added together and converts at 6.4 per point at 150, 5.82 at 165, and down to 4.6 per point at 209.
- Loved Item +2
- Trick Blue, Gemsoil
- Silver Coin
- Skull Fossil (can be dug up in year 1)
- Human Statue (can be dug up in year 1)
- Horse Statue
- Sugar Ore, Hop Ore
- all records
- Favorite Food +2
- Curry, Stew, Veggie Pasta, Gratin, Red-Hot Pie
- No other item in the game gives any points.
- Get To Work @20
- 53 sec
- she warps to N 154, E 168
- possible she walks toward wherever she was previously
- you warp to N 205, E 129
- Forgot to Pay @40 (Muffy and Nami are both in bar main area)
- Can I sit here?
- Ask why Nami’s here
- Nod in Nami’s direction +5
- (same as Tell why I’m here)
- Tell why I’m here
- Sure +5
- Not really +5
- I don’t keep track +20
- 40 sec
- She warps to exiting the hotel
- You warp to exiting the bar
- Let’s drink together
- She’s Gone @60 (be inside my house when 8am strikes)
- I’ll look for her
- 96 sec
- time warps to 11am
- she warps to exiting hotel
- you warp to front of hotel
- Find a Job @80 (Nami is in her room but not asleep)
- 40 sec
- she warps to her room
- you warp to exiting hotel
- Not a good idea
Time cost per point
- convenient interactions with friends
- 11.6s/pt Cody, Gustafa (doesn’t include travel time)
- 16s/pt Wake up conversation
- 19s/pt Bar conversation
- 35s/pt Digging
- 270s to get 4 gifts (8 pts)
- about 4 s per gift giving animation
- Total time estimate = 335+300+4+73+10+93+15+768 = 1598s (goal is 1552s, half of current record)
- intro = 335s (JP version)
- all sleeps = 300s
- 7.5s x (4 x 10 (would be 41, but activities will burn at least 8 game hours I think))
- get first vinyl record = 4s?
- blue feather event = 73s?
- get blue feather and second vinyl record = 10s?
- heart events = 93s
- 53s, Get to Work
- 40s, Forgot to Pay
- proposal event = 15s?
- 9 trips = 768s
- 192s, 3 wakeups
- 456s, 6 bar trips
- 120s, 12 friend encounters
- map the sweet spots I can hit on SP 1 when Nami is walking into or out of bar/hotel
- start making a probability chain of hitting more sweet spots on later days
- after finding a complete chain for Nami, start on her friends